A main sewer line problem can be frustrating, cause property damage, and create unsanitary conditions in your home. At NC Plumbing Pros, we provide a wide range of sewer services in Raleigh and throughout the Triangle Area. We use state-of-the-art equipment for detecting and remedying a damaged sewer line. We work quickly to restore your drainage system to prevent damage to your property.
If you have questions about any of our sewer services, please call (919) 752-4141 for an appointment.
Sewer Camera Inspections for Accurate Diagnostics
A significant challenge in dealing with sewer problems is locating the exact spot where the pipe is damaged. The development of sewer camera inspections provided a noninvasive and accurate method for finding sewer line damage. The camera can find problems, such as blockages, separated pipe sections, broken pipes, and collapsed sewer lines.
The inspection process includes:
- Inserting the flexible cable holding the tiny sewer camera into the pipe
- The plumber feeds the camera through the entire length of the pipe
- Lights on the end of the camera provide illumination for an accurate evaluation
- The exact place where the pipe is clogged or damaged is noted
The sewer camera inspection provides valuable information that your plumber can use to determine the Raleigh sewer services that are best suited to your needs.
“Thank you and highly recommend them.” - Srikrishnan Natarajan
The main sewer line is a crucial part of your drainage system. All drains in the house empty into the sewer line and the wastewater is carried to the municipal sewer system. When a problem arises with the sewer pipe, due to age or other types of damage, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
Sewer line problems include:
- Corrosion – Pipe material can deteriorate and corrode with age. This will eventually result in a collapsed sewer pipe.
- Cracked or broken pipes – Underground sewer pipes can become damaged by shifting soil, the ground settling, pest damage, and using heavy machinery on the ground above the sewer line.
- Broken seals – Leaky joints can result when the seals between pipe sections break. This allows wastewater to leak into the ground.
- Bellied pipes – When part of the pipe sinks into the ground due to the soil settling, it can cause a bellied pipe. This can restrict the flow of wastewater.
- Blockages – A main sewer line can become damaged by the same types of debris as the drains inside your house. Common sewer blockages include grease, oil, mineral buildup, and items flushed or dropped down drains.
- Tree root intrusion – Tree roots grow through the ground seeking water. If there are small holes or leaks in your sewer line, the roots will grow in the direction of the moisture. They can eventually grow into the line causing damage to the pipe.
The best method for restoring your main sewer line will depend on the type of damage, age of the pipe, and amount of damage. For example, blockages and smaller holes can be fixed with sewer repair or hydrojetting. A completely collapsed or corroded pipe will need to be replaced.
Call for Reliable Sewer Services
At NC Plumbing Pros, we offer comprehensive sewer services in Raleigh at fair prices. You will be told the cost of the sewer repair or replacement and approve the estimate before the work is started.
We use flat-rate pricing and an easy diagnostic estimate to help make the best decision for your property.
We've proudly offered services for residential and commercial properties since 2000.
We work to accommodate emergencies so call and ask for same-day service.
We are backed by a licensed Class A Contractor and have an A+ rating by the BBB.